Welcome to the www.rgeorgedavies.co.uk and/or www.abergavennysolicitor.co.uk. These websites are owned and operated by R. George Davies & Co., 5 Nevill Street, Abergavenny, Monmouthshire, NP7 5AA.
This policy may change from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with the changes.
2. What data do we collect and how do we collect it?
We collects the following personal data:
- Information you provide us with directly if you complete an enquiry form. This may include personal identification information such as your name, email address, phone number and information about the case you are contacting us about.
- Information gathered automatically through your use of our websites. This is information that we may observe or create without you asking us to provide the information to us. The information may include your IP address, the pages of our website you have visited and search terms used to find our website.
3. How will we use your data?
We collect your data so that we can:
- Respond to your enquiry if you complete an enquiry form.
- Improve the relevance and performance of our websites. We will only hold this information so that we can administer and monitor the provision of our websites to you and other users.
We will never share the data you supply to us via our websites with any third parties.
You may withdraw your consent for us to use your information in any of these ways at any time. See the section on withdrawing your consent for more details.
4. How do we store your data?
All information you provide to us for our use is stored on our secure servers which are located within the UK and the European Economic Area.
If we collect your personal data, the length of time for which we retain it, is determined by a number of factors including the type of data, the purpose for which we use that data and our regulatory and legal obligations attached to the use of your personal data. We do not retain personal data in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
5. What are your data protection rights?
We want to make sure you are fully aware of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request us for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask that we complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details below.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
7. Privacy policies of other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. This policy does not apply to those other websites, so you should read their privacy statements. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access them using links that we provide, and their security cannot be guaranteed.
If you linked to our website from a third party website, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party website and recommend that you check the policy of that third party website.
8. How to contact us
The person responsible for data protection at R. George Davies & Co. is Huw Medlicott. Please direct any queries about this policy or about the way we process your personal data to him at the contact details below.
Please write to Huw Medlicott at R. George Davies & Co., 5 Nevill Street, Abergavenny, Monmouthshire, NP7 5AA Our email address for data protection queries is firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would prefer to speak to us by phone, please call 01873 852535.
9. How to contact the appropriate authority
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are concerned about the way we have processed your personal data. Please visit the ICO’s website (ico.org.uk) for further details.
This policy was last updated on [DATE] and will be reviewed on [DATE].