Child arrangements

Sadly, when parents separate it is not always possible to agree where the children live and what should be the arrangements for them to spend time with each parent. Sometimes, you need to involve professionals to help you agree what the arrangements should be or represent you in court when an agreement cannot be reached.

At a stressful time like this, you need committed professionals who can support you and advise you to the best possible outcome.

We can help advise and represent you in issues involving your children, or grandchildren, including:

  • Where a child lives (also known as residence – although many people still call it “custody”)
  • What time a child spends time with each parent (also known as contact or – the old term “access”)
  • Children’s names, medical treatment, school, or other major decisions about a child’s life.
  • Relocating within this country, or abroad.
  • Applications by grandparents or step-parents.
  • Applications for special guardianship orders.

Our team is led by Huw Medlicott, a member of the Law Society’s Children Panel. He specialises in cases involving children, particularly where there are serious safeguarding issues and Social Services have become involved, bringing 40 plus years of experience to bear.

David Kirkman is a solicitor and member of Resolution, a body of specialised professionals committed to a constructive approach to family law. He specialises in dealing with finances and child arrangements following separation or divorce.

We can help in negotiations, in assisting you through mediation and- if all else fails- in court where we will advise you, represent you and seek to achieve the best outcome for you and your family.